LOAN APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Any information you provide us through our website is 100-percent secure and private. We don’t share client info with anyone, except with your explicit permission. We ask because providing your information to mortgage lenders can help your chances of being approved for a home loan with the lowest interest rate possible. In turn, those mortgage lenders are bound by federal law to keep your information secure, as well.
What kind of information will we need in your mortgage application?
In general, the documentation you will need includes:
- Check for application fee
If you already have a contract on a house:
- Purchase Agreement
- Copy of legal description and MLS sheet.
- If you are selling your current home,copy of listing contract.
- If you have sold your current home,copy of settlement statement (HUD-1).
INCOME & ASSETS
- Pay stubs for the last 30 days.
- Names and addresses of each employer for the last 2 years.
- W-2s for the last 2 years.
- Statements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment account for the last three months.
- Estimated value of personal property and furniture.
If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:
- Explanation and source for deposit.
If large deposit was a gift:
- Signed gift letter (lender can supply).
- Copy of gift check.
- Copy of deposit receipt.
If you own more than 25% of a business:
- Corporate or partnership tax returns.
- Tax returns for the last three years (with schedules).
- Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by an accountant.
If you own rental property:
- Tax returns for the last two years and current rental agreements.
If you are retired:
- Pension Award Letter.
If you receive Social Security:
- Social Security Award Letter.
If you are counting child support as income:
- Copy of divorce settlement.
- Copy of twelve months of cancelled child support checks.
- Names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments on all current loans.
- Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:
- Late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens.
- Bankruptcy filed within last seven years (bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers).
- Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation.
- Photo ID and proof of Social Security number.
- Residence addresses for the past two years.
- If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree.
- If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card.